Thursday, January 30, 2014

A quick trip to Shanghai

We were pleasantly surprised by our first train trip in China. We managed to get ourselves on the right train (yes I did give myself a little pat on the back). I was expecting seats, we had seat numbers but hey the bunk bed configuration worked well too. Luke made the most of it and napped for half the trip.

                                 

After behaving like a spoilt brat, throwing my toys at the Hyatt hotel because the rooms we got were grubby, with beds that looked like they had been slept in and no view just to top it all off. We ended up at the ShangriLa just a hop skip and a jump over the Pu River (hehe Pu River). 

This was the 5 star hotel experience I was expecting, opulent foyer, chandelier's, complimentary cocktails and snacks and a bidet (a sure sign of a fancy hotel). Will take pic's before we leave.


                                                                          
                     We took a trip down memory lane and meandered down the bund.......



No comments:

Post a Comment