Monday, September 30, 2013

Confucius temple at last!

So it turns out I had actually walked past the Confucius temple several times, because of all the shops around it I just hadn't noticed it... It was beautiful out at night much more impressive than during the day time, unfortunately we had to use Mia's iPod for photos so the quality is pretty rubbish - sorry about that.














New family rule at markets - no touching unless you seriously want to buy. Luke's argument that he is a tactile learner didn't cut the mustard, after the umpteenth time an excited vendor saw him picking up a sword (that I had no intention of letting him buy despite how much he always wanted to be a ninja) Mia and I agreed enough was enough, no touchy touchy!
On our way to the metro we passed a rou jia mo shop (we remembered this from Qingdao, it's referred to as a Chinese hamburger, but its so much tastier than a hamburger!). Interestingly when Luke asked what the meat was meat was (it's melt in your mouth tender, chopped up with herbs and spring onion then stuffed into a sort of crispy delicious pastry pocket). I decided not to have one when the lady replied "hee-haw" yes that's right it was pooh's friend Eeyore not piglet as previously thought!



The little donkey pictures should have been a dead give away :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment