Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Part 1 - the disco

I am feeling like a super mother.....in the last 24hrs I worked a regular 8hr day, taxied children to swimming lessons, baked and frosted 3 dozen cupcakes and organised Halloween costumes for 2 very disorganised children and I didn't even throw my toys out of the sandpit!!!! Not even once, although I must confess to a very near miss when Luke, trying to be helpful, started to frost pink spiderwebs on my black frosted cupcakes......what was he thinking?! All this flapping about so 2 frightful children could indulge in ghoulish behaviour with 100 or so other scary small people at the Halloween disco. Luke and I decided not to stay at the disco, he's an abysmal dancer and being considerate parents we decided not to embarrass our children.
Isla would like me to share that she won a prize for her costume (ski gloves and vouchers for rock climbing) guess all that hard work she put in to organising a costume paid off!
We have been invited to a trick or treating circuit tomorrow night so I figure Mia will blog about that in Halloween part 2 tomorrow (when she's still awake at 9pm on lolly high.

3 comments:

  1. I think you are the best mum in the world!!! Me buy muffins, kids get own costumes and so over the car pooling lol. They look FABULOUS!!!! Shahrane'e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory, Nicki, Connor & Jake DyerOctober 31, 2010 at 10:08 AM

    They look tres scarifying!! I commend your "girlfiends" and can totally relate to the earth mother trip you just went on, I too have been known to do "ready... steady... fancy dress costume" game creating lil Harry Potter and vampires quite regularly when the boys were little, plus the odd lizard every now and then, but now they want to be psych patients and axe murderers and unfortunately look far more convincing that I would like! I just want to add that I so would love the recipe for the bagels!!! You guys look great - love to all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A dear friend of mine introduced me to a blog called 'the pioneer woman' and she lead me to the bagel recipe....enjoy

    http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/09/bronx-worthy-bagels/

    ReplyDelete